Every Pakistani wants to Join Pak Army. And what is better than to serve the country and nation by joining the Pak Army. Pak Army is one of the best Troops in the world. They give a platform for those who want to test their metal of amorous adventure and thrill in real life. It is a profession that is the path to success and gives way to reach the highest pedestal, which many of us only dream of. Above all, the Pak Army not only makes you understand but inserts into the hearts and minds “The real and actual meaning of nationalism and patriotism.” Army officers trained and command the following:
- Paramilitary forces
- National Guard (including Janbaz Force)
- Mujahid Force
- National Cadet Crops
- Woman Guard
- Frontier Corps
- Coast Guard
It is the most respectable defence department of Pakistan, where the candidate selection criteria are high in demand. Currently, there are approximately 600,000 soldiers on duty. Each year, thousands of candidates who dream of serving the country as an active combat troop apply to join the Pak Army, there are two windows for selecting candidates in Pak Army. In each window, approximately 600 candidates have chosen, and after the strenuous training of 2 years, they become officers. Except for officers, there are many vacancies in the Pak Army.
- Join Pak Army Through Different Programs
- Who Can Apply?
- Join Pak Army After Matric
- 1. Non-Commissioned Officer
- 2. Junior Commissioned Officers
- 3. Civilian Jobs
- Join Pak Army After Intermediate
- 1. Technical Cadet Course
- 2. PMA Long Course
- 3. Army Medical Cadets (MBBS / BDS)
- 4. Armed Forces Nursing Service (AFNS Females)
- 5. Join Pak Army as Soldiers
- 6. As Second Lieutenant
- Join Pak Army After Graduation
- 1. Join Pak Army as Direct Captain (Males)
- 2. Join as Commissioned Officer
- 3. Lady Cadet Course (Females)
- 4. Army Medical Corps as M Cadets
- 5. Captain/ Major through Short Service Regular Commission
Join Pak Army Through Different Programs
Those students who have passed their Matric, FA, FSc, Masters, MBBS, BSc, and MBA and don’t know how to join Pak army, this is the place where you can get all the information you need. Here is all the detailed information on how you can join.
- Soldier: Eligible if having 60% (Second Division) marks in intermediate, less then 60% in intermediate is also eligible if he/ she has 60% marks in graduation.
- Captain: Eligible if having Masters Degree with having 2.5 CGPA or 60% marks in annual system
- Doctor: Must have the MBBS degree from private or government medical college but must register from PMDC, and after that GDMO course. After clearance, you can select as Capt. Doctor in any CMH.
- Corps of Engineers: FSc Pre-Engineering with a minimum of 65% marks Subjects (Physics, chemistry, computer science/ studies, mathematics). Another option is O’Level pass (Subjects: English compulsory, Physics, chemistry, computer science/ studies, mathematics)
- Corps of Signals: Required 4 years degree in engineering in the disciplines of MSc or MCS and must register from PEC/ HEC. Preference will be the MSc/ MS degree holders.
- Army Services Corps (ASC): There is a need for an intermediate degree in relevant subject/ diploma for the candidate to get the rank of ASC in the Pak army.
- Corps of Electrical: Required 4 years degree in electrical engineering.
- Mechanical Engineers: Required 4 years degree in mechanical engineering.
- Army Education Corps: There is a need for B.A B.Sc degree for the candidate to get the rank of AEC in the Army.
- Public Relation Officer (PRO): There is a need for a Masters degree in defence study for the candidate to get the rank of PRO in the Army.
- Clerk: There is a need for Intermediate Degree for the candidate to get the position of Clerk in the Army.
- Civil Driver: There is a need for Metric Degree for the candidate to get the position as the Civil Driver in Pak army.
- Sweeper (Sanitary Worker): There is a need for Matric Degree for the candidate to get the position as the sanitary worker in the Army.
- Cook: There is a need for Middle education for the candidate to get the position as the cook in the Pak army.
- Fireman: There is a need for Intermediate Degree for the candidate to get the position as the fireman in the Pak army.
- Draft Man: There is a need for Matric Degree for the candidate to get the rank as the Draft Man in the Army.
- Telephone Supervisor: There is a need for Matric Degree for the candidate to get the rank as the Telephone Supervisor in the Army.
- Sanatory Worker: There is a need for Primary education for the candidate to get the rank as the Sanatory Worker in the Army.
- ISI: The candidate cannot join ISI after matric. There is a need to have a degree in intelligence course to apply in the field of intelligence units or Naval intelligence. After selecting based on better performance, he/ she can join ISI.
Read:- How to Join Pak Navy
Who Can Apply?
Induction is Open to All Pakistanis Irrespective of Caste, Creed, Religion, and Region.
Join Pak Army After Matric
You can join Pak Army after matric. The age limit to join the Army after matric is 17 – 35. The height of the candidate who wants to join Pak army after matric must be 5 feet 3 inches. The under matric candidate cannot enter the Pak army. The army jobs matric base for the candidates who want to join Pak army after matric are as follows:
- Non-Commissioned Offices
- Junior Commissioned Officers
- Civilian Jobs
Read:- Join Pak Navy as PN Cadet
1. Non-Commissioned Officer
Join Army on matric base is possible. Non-commission officers are those who have not earned as the commission. These officers get higher ranks by getting the promotion. The list of the non-commissioned officers who can join Pak army after matric is as below:
- Sepoy: sepoy is the Sipahi who can join Pak Army as a soldier after matric with the salary of 35,000 – 120,000. There is a soldier vacancy available in Pak army.
- Lance Naik: lance naik is equivalent to the corporal lance in Pak army, candidates can join Pak army after matric for this post.
- Naik: Naik is equivalent to the corporal, also said as the governor.
- Havildar: it is the third-highest rank, have one naik under him who also have ten soldiers.
- Battalion Quartermaster Havildar: after getting the proper training, the company havildar becomes battalion quartermaster havildar.
2. Junior Commissioned Officers
Junior commissioned officers (JCO) are the group of military personnel higher than the non-commissioned officers. The list of the junior commissioned officers who can join Pak Army after matric is as follows:
- Naib Subedar / Naib Risaldar: He is the platoon commander.
- Subedar / Risaldar: He is the platoon commander in place of lieutenants in the infantry company.
- Major Subedar / Major Risaldar: He is the captain or company commander.
3. Civilian Jobs
The matric passed people who have no skills, can apply for the civilian posts in the Army. These jobs are relevant to different departments. The list of the civilian jobs which can join Pak army after matric is as follows:
- Plumber: Responsible for the repair to installing the pipelines of gas or water. To be an excellent plumber, only the matric degree is required. The candidate can join Pak army after matric as a plumber, but the person must have expertise in plumbing.
- Cook: Responsible for cooking food. There are no high qualification requirements to be a cook in the Pak army. The candidate can join Pak army after middle as a cook, but the person must be expert in cooking to join Pak army after the middle.
- Draft Man: He is the drawing engineer for machines and buildings. He must have expertise in drawing. Candidate can join Pak army after matric as a draft man.
- Technician: Responsible for fixing electricity issues. There are not high qualification requirements for the technician, but he must be expert in fixing the technical issues. Candidate can join Pak army after matric as a technician.
- Telephone Supervisor: Responsible for handling telephonic operations. To get selected as the telephone supervisor in Pak army, the high degree is not required. The candidate must know telephone operations and confidence and loyalty. Candidate can join Pak army after matric as a telephone supervisor.
- Sanitary: Responsible for cleaning, emptying, maintaining and operating the sanitary chain or handle washing sector. Candidate can join Pak army after primary education as a sanitary in charge.
Join Pak Army After Intermediate
Many people want to serve the nation and join Pak army after intermediate. The candidates can also join other fields for their future, but their love for the country pursue them to join the Pak army after intermediate. The Army of Pakistan is considered as the most powerful Army in the world. All those people who love Pakistan and are patriotic towards their country, are the ones who choose the Pak Army as their career. Such people pay their services in the welfare and protection of their country. The youth of our country can enhance different opportunities as a career in the Pakistan Army to show their talent in various fields and to fulfil this passion; they join Pak Army after intermediate. There are different positions for various courses and join Pak Army after intermediate.
- Technical Cadet Course
- PMA Long Course
- Army Medical Cadet MBBS/BDS
- Armed Forces Nursing Service (AFNS Females)
- Army Soldiers
- Second Lieutenant
1. Technical Cadet Course
The age of the student should be 17 to 22 years, and the marital status should be unmarried. The qualification ICS or FSc pre-engineering passed with 65% marks is necessary. O levels passed in ‘A’ grade are also eligible for this. For joining Pak Army after intermediate as a technical cadet course, the candidates should have to undergo basic training in PMA. This training will be long for one year in Kakul. The students will also be granted by the monthly stipend of 30,000 to 35,000. They would be considered as the second lieutenant.
The selected candidates have to sign the bond in accordance which they to serve the Pakistan Army for 13 years. The ones who have not the result card of 2nd year can join Pak Army based on hope certificate and the result card of 1st year. Selected candidates get the admission in NUST in the programs of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering etc. and completing the 4 years program on the expenses of the Army and getting 1-year military training, they can become captain.
2. PMA Long Course
The age of the student should be between 17 to 22 years, and the qualification required for this job should be intermediate or equivalent. The marital status should be unmarried. The student who needs to join Pak Army after intermediate as a captain, general or major, they should undergo military training for two years in PMA Kakul. The students will also be awarded by the monthly stipend of 45,000 to 50,000 per month.
3. Army Medical Cadets (MBBS / BDS)
For the medical cadet admission of the student to join Pak army after intermediate the age of the student should be 17 to 21, and he should be unmarried. The qualification of the student should be Fsc (Pre-Medical) with 70 per cent marks or ‘A’ levels passed by the student in biology with at least C grade. Such cadets who need to join Pak Army after intermediate as a medical cadet and professional he would undergo six months basic military training at the PMA in Kakul along with an increase in monthly stipend as the student proceed s in studies. The students must have given any provincial entry test such as MDCAT, NUMS etc. After getting the required training and education, they can become the captain doctor. They have to sign the bond in accordance which they have to serve the Army for 13 years.
4. Armed Forces Nursing Service (AFNS Females)
For females, there is a particular position, and they can be admitted to the Pak Army at the ages of 17 to 25. They have the qualification of matric with 60% and 50% marks in the intermediate in pre-medical. The females who want to join Pak Army after intermediate as a nursing coach they would undergo training for four years BS program. These programs will be held at CMH Lahore, Multan, Rawalpindi, Quetta.
The students after getting 4 years of education, or the trained nurses who have applied and take the 6 weeks training will be considered as a lieutenant, and they will also get a monthly stipend as well. They have to sign the bond in accordance which they to serve the Pakistan Army for ten years. The ones who have not the result card of 2nd year can join Pakistan Army based on hope certificate and the result card of 1st year. Matric pass students can also apply for this post.
5. Join Pak Army as Soldiers
For students who to join Pak Army after intermediate as a soldier, they should have age between 17 to 23 years. They should have the marital status of unmarried and qualification of matric or intermediate. The students who need to join Pak Army as a soldier would be required to undergo training for at least one year. They will also be granted by the monthly stipend from the government and would pay their services as a soldier or cadet.
6. As Second Lieutenant
To join Pak Army as the second lieutenant, the student has to go through the PMA long course. There would be a great chance for the students to join Pak Army after intermediate or graduation at the age between 17-25 years.
Join Pak Army After Graduation
Joining the Pak Army after graduation is the utmost dream of every Pakistani graduated student. The posts for the students for which they can apply after graduation are as follows:
- Direct Captain (Males)
- Commissioned Officer
- Lady Cadet Course (Females)
- Army Medical Corps as M Cadets
- Captain / Major through Short Service Regular Commission (SSRC)
1. Join Pak Army as Direct Captain (Males)
The students can join Pak Army after graduation as a direct captain at the age limit of 28 years. There is a need for a six-month training period at PMA Kakul. The students with degrees of (chemistry, computer science, mathematics, English, Urdu, Islamiyah, History) can become army education corps. The students with the degree of BS Chemical Engineering can become corps of the ordinance. With the degree of general psychology can become a psychologist. They can also select as the corps of remount veterinary and farms officer based on DVM.
2. Join as Commissioned Officer
The students will undergo the ISSB test, and GHQ will make a final selection. The students need the training of one year to become a commissioned officer.
Read:- ISSB Test
3. Lady Cadet Course (Females)
The females can also join the Pakistan Army as direct captain, in which they can apply according to their education. The categories are corps of engineers, corps of signals, corps of services, corps of the ordinance, corps of educational and mechanical services, army educational corps, remount veterinary and farms officer, Public relation officer, and direct short service commission as a psychologist.
4. Army Medical Corps as M Cadets
The students who have the degree of MBBS in any PMDC medical recognized institution, or they are studying in 4th or final year can apply for this post. After completing the MBBS, intelligence, interviews, examinations, and final selections will be made from GHQ.
Read:- Nums Entry Test
5. Captain/ Major through Short Service Regular Commission
The students who have complete their specialization in MBBS or BDS can join this post. The categories for this post including general duty medical officer, major specialist, sub-specialist (medicine or allied) as a major, sub-specialist (surgical or allied) as major, general duty dental officers, classified specialists and Pakistan temporary commission captain.