The term ISSB stands for(full form) Inter services selection board. It is a board that selects suitable candidates by ISSB Test after they have cleared the written and medical tests. It is the best and famous board in Pakistan that selects the candidates for the following defence forces like:
- Pakistan Navy
- Pakistan Air Force
- Pak Army
- About ISSB Test
- ISSB Test Purpose
- Registration Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- ISSB Test Syllabus & Subjects
- Selection Process
- Arrival day
- The first day (Screening test)
- The second day (Psychological Test)
- The third day (Group Testing)
- Fourth day (Group Testing)
- ISSB Test Guidelines
- Coaching Centres
- Exams Centres
- Frequently Asked Questions About ISSB Test
- How many candidates selected in ISSB?
- Who can apply for ISSB?
- Is the ISSB default?
- How can I join the Pakistan Army ISSB?
About ISSB Test
Inter services selection board considered one of the toughest selection systems in Pakistan. It examines the candidate’s physical, mental, cognitive, moral, and social skills to choose him or her for any suitable position in the defence. This test lasts for many days, where candidates assessed daily.
Candidates have to perform their best and show their unique skills to pass the test. They examined in every way. The main thing seen is that whether the candidate deserves to be an officer or not. If he fails to the characters of an officer, he will fail.
Read:- How to Join Pak Navy
ISSB Test Purpose
The chief purpose of the ISSB is to select suitable candidates for the Pakistan defence department. It accomplishes this task in many ways. It tests the candidate’s skill in problem-solving, decision making, and many other mandatory skills for an officer or a leader.
ISSB is very tough in this regard. Therefore, the majority of the students cannot pass this test. ISSB selects candidates for the army, navy, and air force. All the related departments take tests from the candidates, and if they pass those tests, they sent to the Inter services selection board for further examination. ISSB tests their skills that not found in an ordinary soldier. Apart from this, candidates asked to do many drills based on the real situation. It is done to check whether they could solve the real problems or not—that why candidates do ISSB test preparation.
The registration process for the Inter services selection board is not. After clearing the F.sc, one needs to sit in the examination of the air force, navy, or army. After clearing any of those tests, one is eligible to sit in the test of the Inter services selection board. For Inter services selection board, one receives ISSB call letter.
One needs to fill the online form after he or she is eligible for the test. Inter services selection board schedule for online form filling and test given on the official website. After that, one needs to wait for the slip or call letter. Then on the given date, one needs to go for tests on any of the mentioned test centres like Inter services selection board Karachi or Kohat.
Apart from registration also requires other things like fee challan, age limit, etc. The candidate can quickly do the registration procedure with the help of ISSB videos.
Read:- Technical Cadet Course
Like any of the other tests, the Inter services selection board also has some strict eligibility criteria. If the candidate does not fulfil the requirements, he or she will not give admission. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Age: Intermediate 17-22 years
- Graduate: 17-23
- Graduates n honour degree: 17-24
- Serving army soldier: 17-25
- Gender: must be Unmarried male
- Nationality: Must be Pakistani
- Physical Standards: Minimum Height 5′- 4″ (162.5cm)
- Weight: As per the Body Mass Index 2
- Education: F.A/ F.sc with 60% marks
Therefore, the candidate must be Pakistani and male. He must fulfil all the above-given requirements; otherwise, he will reject it. There is no tolerance for those who do not come under the criteria. If once the candidate is eligible, then he can appear for the test. Apart from this, there is also age relaxation. It means candidates with older age can also appear. Furthermore, there is also marks relaxation. Candidates with fewer marks can also appear for the examination.
Read:- PMA Long Course
Inter services selection board is not free of cost. Like everything else, it cost too much. It is not that much costly that it cannot afford. An ordinary candidate can afford the fee of Inter services selection board. ISSB fee refers to the form fee of the test. It is not that expensive. It is between one thousand to five thousand. The exact fee is 600 RS per test.
Many candidates who can afford the other tuition and academies fee themselves admitted to the most famous academies. The expense of those academies and accommodation is usually not cheap. All the giant cities of Pakistan like Karachi, Kohat, Lahore, Multan, and Peshawar have the Inter services selection board academies and hostels that offer courses for the Inter services selection board tests.
Apart from that, there is no extra expenditure on this test. All things go well once the candidate selected for the Inter services selection board.
ISSB Test Syllabus & Subjects
There is a specific syllabus for the ISSB test. The candidates have to prepare that syllabus. Inter services selection board test contains the following things:
- Psychological test: Intelligence test, Mechanical aptitude test and Personality test
- Outdoor tests: Group discussion, Group planning, Group tasks, Command tasks and Individual tasks
By looking at the tests as mentioned above, one can conclude that what one needs to read for the test. Many books let candidates get a good grip on those things. Some books contain all the elements required for the test. There are also separate books for each test. Some of the recommended books are the following:
- ISSB Test Success Guide by Dogar Brothers
- 130 Pma Long Course by Issb Preparation Institute
- Comprehensive ISSB Guide by Dogar Brothers
- Inter-Services Selection Board Test by Aamer Shehzad
- Dogar’s Test Master Issb Test by Dogar Brothers
- ISSB Test by Hsm
The books, as mentioned earlier, are a complete guide for the ISSB test. They not only care for preparation but also contain the admission process etc. One can also read separate books on the topics mentioned above.
Read:- About NUMS Syllabus
Inter services selection board is a five days test at any of ISSB centres. In these five days, different psychological and aptitude tests were taken. And the assessment of students is done.
The five days schedule is as follows:
- Checking of Documents
- Allotment of ID/ Chest numbers
- Administration Staff’s address
- Completion of Board Questionnaires
The first day (Screening test)
- Opening Address by a Deputy President
- Intelligence Tests
- Announcement of screening out the result
- Remaining Psychological Tests
- (Screened out Candidates will not attend the subsequent tests
The second day (Psychological Test)
- Indoor Tasks
- Group Discussion
- Group Planning
- Outdoor Tasks
- Progressive Group Task (PGT)
- Half Group Task (HGT)
The third day (Group Testing)
- Individual Obstacles
- Command Task
- Final Group Task (FGT)
- Interviews (leftovers)
Fourth day (Group Testing)
- Preparation of all the results
- Dispersal of candidates
ISSB Test Guidelines
Some of the instructions for the Inter services selection board students are the given below. They must follow for a good impression of the test takers. These guidelines may be a golden opportunity for candidates to pass the test. They are the following:
- Good appearance: make your personality attractive
- Self-confidence: self-confidence is essential. Without it, one cannot clears this test.
- Expressions: useful expressions are essential. Therefore, try to have priceless expressions.
- Academic ability: academic abilities may increase your chances of being selected like English and mathematics.
- Leadership: try to possess the leadership qualities that help you solve many social and outdoor problems.
- Fitness: fitness is mandatory. Therefore, take exercises daily.
- Motivation: you must keep yourself motivated; otherwise, you are not for this field.
- Awareness: be attentive and aware of the world around you. It may help you in many ways to be a good officer and leader.
In Pakistan, many coaching centres prepare students for ISSB tests. These coaching centres located in the major cities of Pakistan. Most of them situated in Punjab and few in Sindh. In Sindh, most of the centres are in Karachi city. Many students join these academies for preparation of the ISSB test
- Defense Academy For ISSB
- Student Shelter In Computers
- Pak Defense Coaching Centre.
- Join Forces Academy Multan
- Niazi Forces Academy
- ISSB Baloch Training Academy
- Forces Officers Academy
- Pakistani Forces Coaching Academy
- Muhammadan’s fit coaching Centre Rawalpindi
Inter services selection board federal department; therefore, it has many exam centres in all the provinces. Candidates called for the test in their respective centres. For example, a candidate from Karachi will send it to Karachi Cant. These centres take tests from the candidates to check their aptitude skills. Some of them are the followings:
These are the major test centres. Candidates are called there for the test. Candidates from all over the Sindh sent to Malir cant centre.
ISSB is Pakistan one of the biggest boards that conduct tests for the recruitment of the officer in defence departments like navy, army, and air force. In this article, the criteria for the test given along with the guidelines. Further, the syllabus of the test also provided. Moreover, some of the coaching centres in Pakistan and the examination centres also are given. Candidates are seeking to pass the Inter services selection board Test need to study along, make a timetable for their study, and read the authentic books offered in this article. Last but not least, can pass with hard work and dedication.
Related:- Different Programs To Join Pakistan Army
Frequently Asked Questions About ISSB Test
Following are some of the most asked question by the candidate of the Inter services selection board
How many candidates selected in ISSB?
Every at least 300 candidates are selected from the Inter services selection board for the Pakistan Army from 20000 candidates.
Who can apply for ISSB?
All the candidates with the nationality of Pakistan are eligible for the test.
- With 60 % marks in f.a or f.sc
- Candidates with 50% marks in intermediate
- Age between 17 to 25 years
- Must be un-married
- Height 5 feet andn4 inch
Is the ISSB default?
No. It does not default.
How can I join the Pakistan Army ISSB?
You can join Pak Army by giving the test of Inter services selection board. If one fulfils the requirement of Inter services selection board, he can join it. He has to give the test.